Talking to Your Kids About Sex
We know â€“ it is not an easy thing to do!
But sex education is a topic kids need to learn about. In her new book, Talking to Your Kids About Sex, Dr Laura Berman helps encourage positive thought, relationships, and decision-making. The book equips you with the right tools clear, easy-to-explain information; critical questions to ask; good timing; and a sense of humor.
Thursday, 9/24 @ 4PM ET, join other Gather parents in an hour long live chat to discuss this topic.
- How did your parents approach the topic of sex education when you were younger?
- What are your feelings about discussing it with your children?
- What age do you think your children should learn about the topic?
- Is sexual education as important, less important, or more essential than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? 50 years ago?
- How has the internet and the media impacted your childâ€™s knowledge of sex?
- Do you think it would be beneficial or harmful not to approach the topic of sexual education at all with your child?
Gather will draw five people who join the live chat to receive a copy of Dr Laura Bermanâ€™s book Talking to Your Kids About Sex and 50 Gather Pointsâ„¢.
The chat takes place in the comment field of this article. REFRESH your internet browser to see new comments appear.
See Dr. Berman on TV:
Thursday, September 24th: Dr. Berman returns to "The Today Show" to talk exclusively about Talking to Your Kids About Sex. See the video here.
Wednesday, October 21st: Dr. Berman will appear on the "The Dr. Oz Show."
One entry per person who participates in the chat. No purchase necessary. See official rules.